Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 5




Howdy ya'll..

So it's Day 5 and I'm feeling fine. Feeling light not heavy. I was given a tip not to mix too much tofu with beans cuz well.. you know.. I guess you can get gassy, perhaps?? LOL I haven't had them together so I can't tell you.

I was very pleased with potato tacos :)

Mood: Good

Sleep: 9 hours. I overslept an hour. Ooops. Dan has reported restlessness during his sleep and he's lost 6 lbs. Mind you, he doesn't have to lose weight. He can't lose weight.. lol

Tonight I plan to make a chille relleno casserole. Using pasilla chiles, cheese and whipped egg. I made this during the holidays and it was a hit. Probably with a side of black beans and some squash.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and Granny smith apple, coffee

Lunch: Black beans, salad, 1/2 cucumber and rice.

Dinner: Chile Relleno caserole and Laker game!! They better win!




My friend told me about Doomies Home Cooking. She would hit up this late night spot after clubbing in Chinatown and swears their tacos are awesome. IF you're on the westside check em out. The link says they are closed but the new address is on the first reviews. It's 1253 N Vine st, #9, Hollywood. Yelp has not updated the fact they have reopened. I plan to swing over their towards the end of the month and pick up some skin art perhaps? hee hee. You can check out some of their food at this blog: http://www.quarrygirl.com/2009/02/07/doomies-vegan-closed-buffet/

I gotta check to see how everyone else is doing on this detox. I'm hungry gotta go!

2 comments:

  1. I will be making ratatouille this weekend. It's great for the cold weather we're having and of course completely vegetarian.

    Ingredients
    • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 large onion, diced
    • 4 cloves garlic, smashed
    • salt
    • chili pepper flakes
    ______________________________
    • 1 eggplant diced
    • 2-3 small zucchini, diced
    • 1-2 yellow squash, diced
    • 1-2 bell peppers, diced
    • 1 28-ounce can tomatoes, crushed/or 2-3 fresh tomatoes diced
    • 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
    ____________________________________________________________
    • fresh basil leaves
    • 1 handful of orzo pasta
    • Parmesan cheese (optional)
    • Freshly ground pepper

    Directions
    • Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add 1-2 tsp salt and chilli flakes (to taste). Add all the diced veggies. Add the tomatoes and their juices, the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer 30-45 minutes. Add the orzo pasta and basil leaves and simmer another 20 minutes until pasta is cooked. Ratatouille should have the consistency of a chunky soup but the veggies should not be crunchy. Serve and sprinkle with pepper and parmesan cheese. Enjoy with crusty bread. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey everyone, checking in on the blog and progress of Ms. Fallen Girl & others joining on our month reset.

    For me, week 1 is done. Not missing meat but have substituted my love of bacon for turkey sausage. However not drinking alcohol, I thought would be harder to miss, especially after a busy social week. I even managed being at a cigar lounge and didn't break and order a whiskey. Instead, another friend who joined us ordered a ginger ale with lots of lime juice. I did the same. The cigars were great and the convo enjoyable. Afterwards, we all headed to a new dance performance by Nugent Dance theater.

    I also got weighed in at my doctor's visit this week. After this month, it'll be interesting to see how much weight I loose. I'm also going to join my friend with a 40-day cleanse. The no meat & no alcohol will take me to the end of February. Aver que pasa.

    Thank you for sharing the recipies on the blog. Once I get organized to write them out, I'll share some as well.

    Good eating

    ReplyDelete