Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 11




Going on day 11 and tonights gotta be the first time I feel full. I had wheat penne pasta, boca chicken patty with marinara sauce and mozzarella shreds. Oh and a side salad. I'm so done.

Mood: energetic but not able to boogie with a stiff shoulder.

Sleep: sound

No irritability on my part but some of my friends have broken down and had chicken, shrimp and or fish. I'm hanging in there but Im craving sushi now.

My urge to want a drink from yesterdays intense day was diminished. A dinner visit with my friend Reina was the cure. Some platica, some laughter, cafecito y amor. We always seem to close and start chapters of ambition and dreams. Thank you for my flowers :) made my day.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I've survived the half-way point. In two weeks, we will arrive at the finish line so to speak. I have decided to continue on a cleanse that will have me diminish my intake of refined sugar & flour. Surprising how it is included in many of the foods we consume. I start the cleanse today.

    These past sixteen days I've been well without the red meat. Though, I felt I cheated when I ordered a quesadilla from a taquero. There was no meat on my quesadilla but knowing that it was cooked on the same grill is what gave me pause. The drinking I don't miss as much as I thought I would. I've been good on my social outings. I even noticed that I've had more energy. I've slept really well. I think part of it is that I've also been on vacation mode. Maybe the true test will be when I get into full work mode.

    A bit about the 40-day liver cleanse...It's something I'm doing with a group of friends. Part of the first 10-days is to not ingest alcohol, refined flour or sugars. We've been getting sources on Liver Flushing, undestanding glycemic index, how to identify ingredients or foods with refined flour and sugar. The next 15 days, we'll do a cleanse and drink a mixture. The last 15 days we'll get to eat more protein again.

    To prepare for the 40-day cleanse, I decided yesterday to clean out my pantry. That was quite revealing about the types of food we tend to buy at home. The goal is to buy organic whenever possible and reducing the intake of preservatives. Overall, what I've learned most these past seventeen days, it's about altering food behavior for healthier living.

    Onward

    ReplyDelete