Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 13



Today my schedule didn't go as planned. I wanted to make a stock pot of black cuban beans but instead we went to help out my sis in law who got really sick. I didn't get a chance to prepare food so I had to go as is. Scary huh.

I did sneak two oranges in my purse just in case.
lol

While babysitting I found a nearby vegetarian fast food place called Covina Tasty. It's a former Tasty Freeze but the owner converted it to a neat vegetarian food only spot. Guess what I had? A chili dog, fries and Dan had a cheese burger. Of course with a tasty freeze cone as well. This place serves everything vegan, including the cheese. It was crowded and the owner takes his time making your plate. My chili had beans and black olives. It was really good. I also seen him prepare a beef taco. It had some red protein looking ground meat looking thing with lettuce, tomato and cheese on a hard shell. I definitely recommend you stop by if you're in the area. It almost sets you back to a nice summer day in 1979.

I also had a birthday party to attend. A grown up let's drink all night type of party. My friend was turning 30 and well let's just say this crowd born to generations of party heads. We're talking 3rd or 4th generation of party heads. Crazy huh. I knew it was going to be tough to be around this crowd but it went well. I had ice cold water and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Shot some pool and caught up with everyone.



Later around 1ish we decided to hit up lil tokyo for some japanese. While Dan buried his face in a plate of vegetable tempura, I had a bowl of oyakodon (minus the chicken).. I forget the name.. Ten.. a..don.. Not sure but it's rice, onions and eggs. It was soo good. Anything at 2 am is always really delicious!! A side of hot tea and I can call it a night in the city of angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment