Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 22




I got 8 days to go but I'm not eager to take down a steak. I'm eager to have a pint! We've had such lovely weather and how perfect would it be to pair it with a nice cold chimay. Mmmmm...I can almost taste it.

This morning was a little busy for me so I'm having a huge orange and some cold cucumber water. I took the stairs up, starting from the basement it's 7 flights of stairs. Lord knows I should do that daily with our faulty elevators.

Lunch: Peruano Beans, Rice and Salad.

Dinner: TBD

I have to increase my exercise this week. I haven't been to my gym as of yet. I'm kinda waiting for the new years resolution people to quit so I can have my machines back. January is really crowded gym time. I'm making use of my free weights at home and treadmill. I've been walking the dog but that's not enough to make a difference. This morning I saw the two time LA Marathon winner on the news. He's aiming for a threepeat. I hope he does win. He says he typically runs 100 miles a week but for this marathon he kicked it up a notch and did 120 a week. AMAZING! I give my self mad props when I hit 7 miles in 1 week. That's kicking and screaming too. I've got to set a new goal. I'm going to hit up my friend Brenda for our morning coffee walks again. We were doing about 1.5 miles over coffee talk in the morning. I also have another friend who is training her HS students thru Students Run LA at a local HS. Her name is Norma and has tremendous dedication to the cause but most importantly her students. She trains with them off hours to make sure they reach their goals. She too comes on campus to run her typical 5 miles a day and calls me to meet her up and join her. Now if I were to join up with Brenda in the morning and Norma in the evening I can do 3 miles at work!! Take that marathon winner! Must hit these girls up.

Anyway.. I have to follow up on some contacts at PCC and nurture those contacts.
Energy is good, sleep is great.



I did dream of Spartacus' Andy Whitfield! Have you seen him? Please do look him up. He's a great actor and does an amazing job as Spartacus on the Starz network series. Sadly, he will be replaced for Season 2 due to cancer. I don't know if I can continue the show and not think of him. He's a stud! I wish he heals and returns, not just for selfish reasons!

2 comments:

  1. We'll soon start our weekly walks on campus as well. Hopefully, you can join me at the Rose Bowl on another night. I've started walking with my friend Alicia, a wonderful poet & kind spirit. I was proud of myself that I got out of the house and did the walk on my own Sunday morning. I was surprised it drizzled. I've been so out of the news loop that I missed the memo it was to rain on Sunday.

    While you querida Maria will be enjoying a Chimay, I'll still be alcohol free until the end of the month. Maybe in March I'll party it up like the kids on Spring Break. I'm looking forward to an Old Fashion.

    I like you am not ready to go for my first steak / burger. Since I'm on this 40-day liver cleanse, for the next 10-15 days, I'll be a vegan. It's time to remove all organic meats/seafood/chicken, cheeses, and coffee from the diet, as well as refined sugars & flours. I've done well so far. Though I have started a little late on the parasite potion (ohh yum). Once this second part is done, we can eat organic salmon and eggs until the end of the 40 days.

    What I've learned is that it's important to organize one's time and refrigerator. It's always so easy to drive somewhere and get something. With these new dietary alterations there are few options out there. How/Where do we buy groceries? Do we make time to read the labels?

    My mom is still supportive. However, the other day when I told her I was going vegan for a few days, she says "what are WE going to eat?" I told her you can eat what you want. I'll just be eating more grains, vegetables, and some fruta. She looked a bit defeated. She understood. On that note, I went and bought myself a Vegetarian cookbook called the The Vegetarian Epicure & the Joy of Cooking at a used bookstore.

    I haven't lost much weight (2 lbs). I have noticed that my body is shifting like it did when I started Pilate a year ago. Overall it's been a good experience. Would I do it again. I don't know yet. I have to see how the rest of the 40-day cleanse goes.

    The reason, I started to do 30 days no alcohol and red meat was to reset my palate. I have noticed the changes. I have a greater sensitivity to different tastes. I would say it's been a successful month.

    Onward to a continued healthy 2011.

    Enjoy the Chimay for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parasites? Did I read that correctly? Explain please. Wow.. you are truly hardcore. I admire you for your extended cleanse. Did you cut out your seafood and chicken? I remember you did have seafood but I'm guessing your extended vegan will not allow any of that. I'm curious about the books. Dan and I really enjoyed the no meat no booze detox. It wasn't as hard as people may imagine. The hardest part is not having a cocktail when your social calendar revolves around bars, lounges, concerts and happy merry drunk friends. I am looking forward to a beer more than red meat. I will probably hit this week up with champagne as celebration and some sushi!!

    Great job with the rose bowl walking even in the RAIN! That's what you call dedication!

    ReplyDelete