Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 18


TGIF!

So I didn't have to eat almonds for dinner last night. The dinner was being catered by Burger Continental, Pasadena, CA. They specialize in Middle Eastern food. I enjoy eating there because of the belly dancers. While you eat they dance on your table ( dollars are accepted) I don't mind that type of entertainment, I welcome it. So I had hummus, tabouli and roasted vegetables (eggplant, peppers, cauliflower, squash). It was really good. I also happen to sit at a table with other vegetarian by chance. It was fun to trade notes on veg dishes and how they came about their diet choice.

This morning I made myself some fresh squeezed orange juice. I'm getting used to having fresh squeezed juice now. I haven't bought juice at the store for awhile now. I'm getting spoiled. Thank you trees!

Lunch: with sister at Loving Hut

I hit up loving hut for lunch in Alhambra. I had a burger lunch special. This place is strictly vegan and they make their own veg patties. It was really good. I think it can fool meat eaters, heck it fooled me. They add caramelized onions too!! All for $5.95!
Def. check them out!

I am counting down the days! I'm eager not for red meat but for a pint of beer!! A pint of Crafstman Triple Sage or a Chimay. Ahh.. that would be perfect. Is it sad that I miss a pint more than a steak? I got a couple more days to go but I must admit I enjoy the energy I've had lately. Definitely different. Like my friend says, "ONWARD"!

No comments:

Post a Comment